Friday, September 5, 2014

Amusment at Finland's Largest Amusement Park


On Wednesday my äiti took my little sister, her friend, my friend (and Ellas best friend) Nora, and me to the Amusement park here in Helsinki. It was really nice because we were able to get in free due to Hannale (äiti's best fried) who is a teacher. Teachers here in Finland get tons of benefits and are viewed with the utmost respect from society. It is amazing to see the respect they receive. Now in the class rooms they are treated as friends with limits. That is hard to explain. I will write more on that when I figure  it all out. Any who, we were able to get in for free.
Things which I found were interesting was the size. Now when I think amusement park, I think of ceader point- large, filled with people, and scary heights. This was nothing like that. It was quiet... they didn't scream on the rides really. And most of them were built inside buildings to keep them last through the hard winters. The rides were not big and scary. They were small and very fast. Nothing too scary. None of this is bad, I want to stress this. These are just observations. I actually enjoyed these more than the ones in the States. It makes you feel jittery but not scared.

Came home to find a care package!! Filled with fudge, beef jerky, and honey sticks. Plus loved the cards from home! I now have more Oberlin Heritage Center on my wall here plus my Baka!


so cold


Found the Deathly Hallows
 

This Roller coaster was so old it was ran by pulleys and had a man standing on the back of each car controlling the breaks

the lovely nora!

views from on top of the ferris wheel


sometime the timing in life is just right


So what did you do yesterday? You know just was at the highest point in helsinki. 



It was so much fun. We ate special waffles, I have a picture somewhere of the, but they were soooo good. I have the best family here. I could go on and on about them. Roller coasters are a fear of mine but I did what the rotary said and "always say yes" I am very happy I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment